Saturday, March 1, 2008

Gear















This is the messenger bag and 'guest director' badge I received upon checking into the Rotterdam Film Festival. Every festival, it seems like, gives out a messenger bag. I uploaded that picture on my badge online and it was waiting for me on check-in. Had I not uploaded that photo, they had tiny cameras like at Sam's Club or Costco to take your picture. Volunteers scanned the barcode only when I attended a Press/Industry screening, not the public screenings. They also gave me a program guide the thicker than a bible with information about every single film in the festival in addition to information about travel, tipping, restaurant recommends, ATM locations, etc. Here is a blurry photo of the page my film appeared on.















They wrote their own synopses for my film. They appear below. The longer one is pictured above along with a condensed version of my bio.

An affluent couple on a tour meet an unlikely figure. The show is over, Marcel Marceau.

A well-to-do couple drives through an expanse of forests, reflecting about buying the area where the air is so clean and the roads are so beautiful. Then a strange figure crossed their path... Excellent, very strange fiction in which an unlikely event becomes likely. The show is over, Marcel Marceau.

No comments: