Monday, March 3, 2008

Safety Memories















This is the the movie theater in Rotterdam where my film had it's world premiere. This tiny building with four screens and a bunch of bikes parked out front does not do the immensity of that day justice. It was more grand than I could possibly have imagined. My first night in Rotterdam I saw My Blueberry Nights here and my fears and scareds(made that up) disappeared completely for those 2 hours. I also learned a great deal about Wong Kar-Wai, his work and love during this movie. It is not his best film by any means, buy by any means, it is a cliff notes of his former work: clear as glass.















Can you see my poster? I did not slap it on the wall. That was perpetrated by the volunteers of Rotterdam and this was not the only one they put up. Between the 2nd and 3rd floors of De Doelen along the escalators was poster central and you could get face time with nearly every movie's adverts. It's only a memory now, but I'll never forget the company. Who knows where this poster is now, but I hope it's in some volunteer's dormitory or bedroom next to a poster of Scarface and Jimi Hendrix and Daft Punk.

No comments: