Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Pathe















This is the Pathe Cinemas. It's the multiplex in Rotterdam and in this photo doesn't look quite real, but I assure you, it's very big and the screens inside are as big as the one at the Fabulous Fox in Atlanta. Only here, there are six in one building. Even on sunny days, old movie stars kiss on the side of the building like they're secluded in some intimate bedchamber in Berlin. Here's the inside. My muse is 2nd from right on the top row. Before, I believed that such images could not be found in movie theaters in our southern metropolis, but then I kicked myself and remembered Atlanta's fallen time capsule, the Lefont Garden Hills and its lobby/hallway of b&w photos of French film icons. At this theater and this theater only could you buy popcorn.

No comments: